Wednesday, November 18, 2009

After watching these five clips, it gave me more of an insight on Poetry, and the liking. and what it is like to listen to poetry slam. Of the five they each had their own difference that stir up the different emotions or feelings
“I’m an Emotional Idiot” It’s different from the rest of the def poetry I have heard, this is because she adds comedy into her poetry. It was not as serious as most people and it actually made me laugh. Overall, this is one of the best I have heard and I would like to hear more like it.
“Sometimes Silence Is The Loudest Kind Of Noise” After watching this clip I did not really like it. The way the woman presented was to serious for me. I would rather hear humor than to be so serious. I do understand why she named the poem what she named it. The thing I did like was how she kind of sung some of the words in the poetry. Overall, it was good, but I would rather hear comedy.
“Nuyorican Poets CafĂ©-Jon Sands”After watching this clip it was actually good. The profanity might be a little much, but it was still funny. It did not make much since but the way he used his voice and hand gestures, it made up for it. Overall, the guy was rambling a lot, but it was funny and he did well.
“I Need To Write”After watching this clip it was actually good even though it did not have much comedy. I like how he was very fast paced during reciting his poem. It was a very serious poem, but the way he got into his poetry. Overall, even though it was a very serious person he done well in keeping my attention by quickly reciting the words and being emotional with his poetry.
“Shihan”After watching this clip it was good, and this was probally my favorite poem. Again the comedy part is what caught my attention and is what I liked. In this poetry it was comedy and reciting the words quickly that made it really good. Overall, it was funny but he got his point across well.
All and all, I thought listening to these poets, gave me an insight on how I should write my poem.

No comments:

Post a Comment